To comply with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines and create web content that is accessible for people with disabilities and user-friendly for everyone, we will no longer post pdf documents from outside organizations unless the PDF file is ADA compliant according to the WCAG 2.1 web accessibility guidelines.
District 109 allows only certain categories of external not-for-profit organizations to submit information for review by DPS109. Those include:
- Public or private school, governmental entity, or community-based center;
- Non-profit, 501(c)(3) organizations that offers district-related, non-profit events or initiatives; and
- Community athletic or youth organizations.
Flyers must meet the following guidelines to be considered for approval:
- The activity or event must be an appropriate educational, charitable or enrichment activity geared to students in pre-K through 8th grade (and their families). Activities/events must be non-sectarian, non-political and may not promote a fundraising activity unless the activity is school-sponsored or directly benefits our schools.
- The flyer must provide the organization’s name and contact information, as well as the targeted age group for the event or activity.
- Community partners are responsible for ensuring the ADA text (that translates information on the flyer for screen readers) is accurate. Please proofread the information in this text box. Your flyer may be denied and sent back should there be grammar and/or formatting errors in this area.
No material or literature shall be posted or distributed that would:
- Disrupt the educational process
- Violate the rights or invade the privacy of others
- Infringe on a trademark or copyright
- Be defamatory, obscene, vulgar, or indecent
- Be discriminatory or imply that membership within an organization is required
- A disclaimer must be included on the flyer. The font size of this required disclaimer must be of a similar size to all other copy on the flyer.
- External organizations shall include: "DPS109 neither endorses nor sponsors the organization or activity represented in this document. The distribution of this material is provided as a community service."
- Local government entities and PTOs shall include: “DPS109 is not a sponsor of the activity represented in this document.”